224 W Main St – Request for Bids:
The following public notice was placed for advertising in the Morning Call on Friday, January 26, 2018. Interested parties are welcome to inspect the property during an open house on Saturday, February 10th from 9am to 12pm. Bid packets will be made available at the open house and Borough Office. If you have questions you may call the Borough Office at 610-837-6525.
PUBLIC NOTICE REQUEST FOR BIDS
NOTICE is hereby given by Council of the Borough of Bath of its desire and intention to sell a certain parcel of land, together with improvements erected thereon, including a single family semi-detached dwelling, situate in the Borough of Bath, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, bearing Northampton County Parcel Identification Number K6NW4C-15-2, and commonly known as 224 West Main Street, Bath, PA 18014, to the highest bidder meeting the following criteria:
1. Bidder shall utilize the format Agreement of Sale in the bid package available through Bradford T. Flynn, Borough Manager, who may be reached at 610-837-6525. The property is being sold “AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS” and may not be occupied until after necessary work is completed and the property is determined compliant with the applicable codes by the Borough of Bath. The property is in need of substantial, costly repairs. Inspections of the property can be scheduled at a mutually convenient date and time by contacting Borough Manager Flynn at 610-837-6525. Also, an open house for inspections will be held on Saturday, February 10, 2018, from 9 AM to 12 PM. All of Buyer’s inspections and risk assessments must be completed by February 26, 2018.
2. Bidder shall waive, in writing via paragraph 8 of the format Agreement of Sale, its, his or her right to have a lead-based paint inspection performed or lead-based paint risk assessment completed after February 26, 2018. Since the dwelling was constructed circa 1900, lead paint is likely in the dwelling. Bidder shall conduct Bidder’s inspections for lead-based paint and all other conditions and complete Bidder’s risk assessments by February 26, 2018. The bid shall be delivered, by hand delivery, United States Postal Service or overnight commercial carrier, to Borough of Bath, Attn: Bradford T. Flynn, Borough Manager, at the Bath Municipal Building at 215 E. Main Street, Suite 1, Bath, PA 18014, not later than Monday, March 12, 2018, at 4 PM.
3. Bids timely received will be opened on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, at 10 AM, in the public meeting room at the Bath Municipal Building. Council’s acceptance of the highest bid utilizing the format Agreement of Sale will be made by public announcement at Council’s regular public meeting on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, at 6 PM in the public meeting room at the Bath Municipal Building or, if necessary, a subsequent regular or special meeting of Council announced at Council’s meeting on March 14, 2018.
4. The bid shall be submitted with a deposit in the amount of 10% of the purchase price which deposit shall be payable to the Borough of Bath via check from a federally insured banking institution, and closing shall occur within sixty (60) days after the successful bid (format Agreement of Sale) is executed by the Borough of Bath. In the event Successful Bidder fails to close as required, Successful Bidder’s deposit shall be forfeited as liquidated damages to the Borough and the Borough has the right to accept the next highest, responsive bid.
5. Until Council accepts the successful bid by executing the format Agreement of Sale, Council reserves the right to amend the format Agreement of Sale, amend the bid package or withdraw this Request for Bids. Also, Council reserves the right to reject all bids if deemed necessary by Council.
Bradford T. Flynn,
Manager, Borough of Bath